LRTA & The Louisiana Legislature
- Talking Points: Supporting Our Current Defined Benefit Plan
- Talking Points: Opposing Defined Contribution / Hybrid Plans
- Talking Points: Opposing Constitutional Amendments / Conventions
- Research: NIRS Six State Study (One Page) (Full Version)
- Research: NIRS Evaluating States that Closed Pension Plans (Full Version)
- Research: NIRS Teachers’ Views on Defined Benefit Plans (One Page) (Full Version)
- Research: Millennials’ Views on Defined Benefit Plans (One Page) (Full Version)
- Sample Letter: HB 32 (we also encourage you to write separate letters for HB 33 and HB 34)
- Sample Letter: HB 26
- Sample Letter: HB 680
- Spring District Meeting Packets
- 2019 Election Survey Results
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- Reach out to Louisiana legislators and share your thoughts and opinions. Remember: you are their constituents. Check out these letter writing tips and guide for contacting your legislators.
- Some committee meetings and sessions are recorded live for public viewing. You can get real-time updates and watch your legislators in action. Follow committee meetings live at this link.
- Sign up for the LRTA Email Club to receive the latest information!
- Encourage others to reach out to their legislators. There’s power in numbers!
LRTA LEGISLATIVE PRIORITIES
Click here to view the list of LRTA legislative priorities.
The regular legislative session for Louisiana convened on March 9, 2020 and ended June 1, 2020. Below are the bills LRTA tracked/monitored during the regular session.
Clyde Hamner Named Second Vice President of Louisiana Retired Teachers Association (Baton Rouge, La.)- Clyde Hamner, a Houma resident, was recently elected second vice president of […]
Lazette Watterson Named First Vice President of Louisiana Retired Teachers Association (Baton Rouge, La.)- Lazette Watterson, a Bogalusa resident, was recently named first vice president of […]