FOUNDATION PREPARATORY CHARTER SCHOOL, New Orleans East
Foundation Prep is looking for volunteers to help third graders with homework. Any week day from 11:20-noon or 3:00-3:30 p.m.
For additional information, please contact Communities in Schools of Greater New Orleans Site Coordinator Sarah Barnes at 504.418.1212
PONTCHARTRIAN ELEMENTARY, MANDEVILLE:
PES is looking for 2-3 interested tutors to serve on Campus 3 days a week for 2-3 hours each day to work with our students in either Reading and/or Math Fluency.
Please direct any eligible and interested candidates to PES Principal, Tom Heier, HenryTom.Heier@stpsb.org
PES would like to move forward with the implementation of the tutoring program in the coming weeks.
Pontchartrain Elementary School
Office- (985) 626-3748
JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT ON THE NORTHSHORE:
Volunteer JA Days – 8:30 am – 2:00 pm www.jagno.org
Goal for this school year is 37,000 students in 13 parishes and to provide more business/school sponsorships. At this time Valerie Hulse, Program Director, is still working on scheduling fall dates; however, we do have a few schools that are not sponsored by a local business. jIf interested in volunteering, please contact Valerie at the contact info below:
Valerie C. Hulse
Senior Program Manager
Junior Achievement of Greater New Orleans, Inc.
11/2/17 – Grades K-3rd
2/1/18 – Grades 4th – 6th
Bonne Ecole JA Day
Slidell, LA, 70458
11/8/17 – Grade 5
11/16/17 – Grade 6
Lake Harbor Middle School
Lee Road Jr High – Waiting on fall date
CHAMP CAMP–New Orleans Area
Champ Camp is looking for retired teachers to provide academic help five days a week at three locations. The times are 3:15 to 5:45 at 2 sites and 4:00 pm to 5:45 at another site, all sites are closed for major holidays. Teachers are needed for kindergarten, first grade, and 4th grades, with a focus on math and literacy. These are hourly paid positions.
PROCEDURES FOR APPLYING AS A CHAMP CAMP TEACHER
1) Go to our website at www.cisneworleans.org
2) Type in the search box in the upper right hand corner – Work For Us
3) This will bring you to a list, click on the first one that says About Us –Work for Us
4) Go to the bottom of the page and click on Apply Now – this will lead you to a 7 page application – Be aware this does not work on a cell phone and also on some tablets
5) At the end of the application it will direct you to upload your cover letter and resume so have those saved so you can upload them.
6) If you have difficulty with the upload please contact Camp Champ Director Jean Pinney, PhD., at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (504) 232-6590.